Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mac Me Over Haul Reviews + Swatches

I wasn't planning on purchasing anything but the 226 brush from this collection. Until I spoke with a friend of mine who works for MAC who convinced me (like I need a lot of convincing), that this is one of the best and biggest collection that MAC will have this year.

I live an hour away from the MAC Store. I know, i know...it sucks. So being I'm insane at times, I decided to drive down last night and stay at the bf's house to make sure that I'll be on time for the launch the next day.

On time? I was way early. I was there at 9.45am, and the store doesn't open until 10am. I sat across the store...they must have thought I was crazy to be THAT early...but hey, I admit, I am makeup crazy.

Empty MAC Store

So here are the items that I purchased:




Blushes:
I was only planning on purchasing equilibrium but fell inlove with stunner at the store. :)


Equilibrium, Stunner

 Stunner, Equilirium 
(Sorry for switching the order on the swatches!)


Equilibrium is described as a light bronzed with satin finish. I like this better of the two, it gives you just the right amount of glow. It's pigmented but not in an intense way. This should work well on both warmer and cooler skin tones. 

Stunner is described as a light coral pink with satin finish. As you can see, it's more pink than coral. It reminds me of MAC's Oh So Fair from the Disney Venomous Villains Collection, but a little more darker and glowy. This is already sold-out online. 

Eyeshadow:
I purchased all of the eyeshadows in the collection, except for Satin Taupe as this is a permanent shade and I'm planning on just getting it as a pan-refill vs single eyeshadow -- and save ($3.50!)

Creamy Bisque, Moleskin, Outre, Mythical, Carbonized
Creamy Bisque, Moleskin, Outre, Mythical, Carbonized



Fluidline:
I bought all 4 fluidlines. All of these sold out online in a few days. Great colors, I just couldn't pass up.


 Avenue, Midnight Blues
Dark Envy, Dark Diversion
Avenue, Dark Diversion, Dark Envy, Midnight Blues
Brush:
This is my new favorite blending brush. I bought two, since this is a limited edition brush and everyone is raving about it.

So yes, my wallet is hating me yet again, and I'm hoping that mac won't come out with another huge collection like this.

What did you guys purchase?

xoxo,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment